ngaa ara whakamua
ngaa ara whakamua – pathways
Every student will have the opportunity to choose a course of study that will progress their personal pathway.
Innovation and Leadership Academy
|Opportunity 2||Vocational Pathways|
|Opportunity 3||Gateway and Oho Mauri|
|Opportunity 4||WINTEC Courses|
The students will:
- Negotiate an appropriate pathway with their whaanau and Puna Ako teachers.
- Spend one trimester in each of the Pathways they choose. Senior students may be allocated to a particular Pathway to ensure equity of access for all.
- Work with Puna Ako teachers to keep a personal record of their Pathways learning.
The Puna Ako teachers will:
- Spend time with students negotiating appropriate pathways.
- Mentor the students on a Wednesday to ensure progress.
- Support students individually to keep a personal record of their work so that it is a high standard for CVs and employers.